Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bloom Day - March 2009



ViolaAs I was looking around in my yard for any sign of something in bloom, I began to give up hope. As I mentioned earlier, I have daffodil in bud, but that seemed to be the closest I could get. As I was cutting back the "winter interest", resigned to the fact that I would have nothing to offer until April, my 3 year old daughter came running over to me, eyes shining, with a viola! She was so excited to find a flower again, she was bouncing! Needless to say, I got very excited about this as well, and had her show me where she found it. She brought me to the placeCrocus and lucky enough, there was one more, which you can see in the photograph. I then came inside and called Julie (my sister, who lives on "The" farm), asking her to find blooms up there for our Bloom Day post. She thought she would be unable to find a bloom, due to the freeze we had a few days ago. However, she was wrong too. I came in at dark to find her email with a picture of a lovely yellow crocus! So, until April, HAPPY BLOOM DAY, EVERYBODY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment